Sunday, April 22, 2012

Preparing for Open Studios


Only a little over a month until Open Studios! So much to do and so little time. I need to have postcards printed to send out to the wonderful people on my mailing list, get a Press Release together, print some business cards and most importantly begin to clean and organize my studio.

On the positive side - I have silk screened some fabulous "very limited edition" T shirts using an image from one of my paintings - it's an old madrone tree. Very fun! My guests seem to enjoy having unusual odds & ends that they can purchase at reasonable prices. Some of my other gift items include note cards, sketches and watercolor studies.

I just finished a new painting and am looking forward to it's coming out party! It's such fun seeing return visitors and greeting them with refreshments and having the opportunity to show them paintings never seen before. Many of these paintings are sold at Open Studios, so the purchaser ends up owning a rare item indeed.


Yvonne Kern, painter
NCOS Artist and Steering Committee Member

No comments:

Post a Comment